BALTIMORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Point3 Security, leaders in advanced training of cybersecurity professionals through gamified challenges, is among sponsors powering WomenHackerz WHackzCon 2020, June 6-7, 2020. The two-day online event includes presentations, Capture the Flag (CTF) competitions, workshops, lockpicking sessions, and fundraising for non-profits, all of which are open to all, and most of which are free of charge*. Schedules and registration information are available at https://www.womenhackerz.com/whackzcon-2020.
Among the more than 40 talks, CTFs and sessions offered are:
- Intermediate and Advanced CTF – Saturday, June 6, 9 a.m. – 11:59 a.m. PT, hosted by Point3 Security (registration required)
- ctf4noobz CTF – Saturday, June 6, 8 a.m. PT – Sunday, June 7, 6 pm PT, hosted by Women’s Society of Cyberjujitsu (registration required)
- OSINT for missing people – Sunday, June 7, 10 a.m. – noon PT, hosted by The Many Hats Club, an overview on the core fundamentals of Open Source Intelligence, covering focus areas such as Dorking, GeoINT, Reverse Image Searching/Image Analysis, SOCMINT – Social Media Intelligence, tools/resources, other useful techniques, and mindset of analysis
- LockpickExtreme Workshop* – Sunday, June 7, hosted by WomenHackerz and Lockpick Extreme
- Car Hacking Village UK – Sunday, June 7, 10 a.m. – noon PT, using a UK specification Peugeot 208 car with simulators to perform as though the vehicle is on the road. PD0 includes 3 different CAN buses which can all be interacted with via the ssh sessions provided
The 40+ diverse sessions cover many of the cybersecurity, hacking and personal/social change issues now dominating news cycles, such as: Naked and Unafraid – Securing Private Photos; Attacking Web Applications and Business Logic; Hacking OAuth – Pitfalls and Remedies; and Social Engineering Workshop – Defending Against Human Exploitation and Removing Attack Verticals. The full schedule of WHakerzCon 2020 events can be found at https://www.womenhackerz.com/schedule.
Chloe Messdaghi, Founder and CEO of WomenHackerz, said: “Now more than ever, equity in the cyber talent pool must increase, and our members are taking it into our own hands to upskill ourselves, and to help elevate our peers and emerging talent.”
Evan Dornbush, Point3 Co-Founder and CEO, said: “WomenHackerz creatively and enthusiastically broadens the skillsets and elevates the thinking of its members and event attendees. We are excited to co-host this event with our co-sponsors, and are proud to support WomenHackerz and its mission to provide non-binary & women, hackers, from all levels with a vibrant, productive and rewarding global community.”
WomenHackerz provides guidance, support, workshops, CTFs, job opportunities, networking and much more to all who identify as women or a non-binary individual. WomenHackerz is celebrating its one-year anniversary with its first annual WHackzCon. (https://www.womenhackerz.com/)
About Point3 Security Inc.
Founded in 2014, Point3 Security, Inc. is a premier information security organization that provides the industry with the training and analytical tools to enhance its workforce. Recognizing the industry’s increasingly complex threats, Point3 Security, Inc. provides game-based challenges that identify and cultivate cybersecurity talent for professional organizations. Point3 Security was recently named one of Inc. 500’s top fastest-growing companies. For more information please visit ittakesahuman.com.
* Nominal fee for participation.