Dynamic trends and technologies shaping the security industry
The entire security industry has changed. The landscape isn’t what it was five years ago – things have become much more focused around the Internet of Things, of which many security professionals have taken to the realization that they are its stewards. Few have recognized this as keenly as Andrew Elvish, Genetec’s Vice President of Marketing and 20-year expert in software and technology marketing.
During this recent episode of Security DNA, join host Steve Lasky of SecurityInfoWatch and guest Andrew Elvish of Genetec as they dive deep into the dynamic trends and technologies affecting the current state of the security industry, including managed services, cybersecurity initiatives, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
As a man with his finger pressed firmly on the pulse of the security industry, Elvish saw these changes happening firsthand and shares his perspective. Learn about the growing importance of network sustainability and Genetec’s efforts to achieve it, the direct impact these changes have on integrators, and how organizations are approaching security strategies.
Find this month’s episode of Security DNA here or listen below.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What is really driving the change in mindset for security professionals.
- Where Andrew Elvish believes the biggest industry change will occur.
- How the changing face of the industry has affected integrators.
- The impact of the increasing number of “cybersecurity conscious” people.
- Why you should treat AI with a healthy amount of skepticism.