ADT is introducing new products and enhancements to its award-winning ADT Command and Control professionally installed security and smart home system at CES 2020 to give customers more ways to integrate smart home security functionality into their homes and beyond.
New for ADT Command and Control in 2020
- Connected Car Integration: In January, ADT will offer a new DIY installable device that integrates with ADT Control, allowing customers to track their vehicles. In addition, customers can create home automations that respond to GPS positioning of their vehicle so their smart home can prepare for their arrival or departure based on their location. E.g. turn on or off lights, open the garage door, unlock locks, adjust the temperature.
- Streaming Video Recorder: In Spring 2020, ADT will introduce a new 720p streaming video recorder to keep customers’ security video footage accessible and private in their home. It allows for continuous recording of up to eight devices with up to 1TB of storage.
- Pro Series Cameras: Launching in March 2020, ADT will roll out new Pro Series indoor, outdoor and mini dome cameras with 1080p HD video capabilities.
- Enhanced Analytics: In the first half of 2020, ADT Command and Control will incorporate new, enhanced analytics to improve video detection and filtering of subjects. In addition to noting the difference between people, vehicles, and pets, the system can also detect if a visitor is loitering too long.
LAS VEGAS, January 7, 2019 – ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT), a leading provider of monitored security and interactive home and business automation solutions in the United States and Canada, today announced the unveiling of its newly redesigned smart home security system – the ADT Command Panel & Control Platform (ADT Command) – as well as a suite of smart security and home automation products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES). This year’s theme, “Real Protection,” will highlight the products ADT offers to ensure customer safety from any location.
ADT Command is a dynamic and innovative wireless panel with numerous smart home capabilities, including seamless set up and control with the ADT Control app, that allows customers to protect and automate their homes from anywhere at any time.
“As home automation continues to evolve and become more accessible, we know our growing community of 3 million smart home customers want and expect a security solution that is fully integrated with the latest technology innovations,” said Don Young, ADT Chief Information Officer & Executive Vice President, Field Operations. “With ADT Command & Control, consumers get best-in-class monitoring service from the largest security network, combined with the most cutting-edge technology. The Control platform supports over 250 devices, ranging from carbon monoxide detectors to smart light bulbs, providing custom-fit solutions that provide customers with real protection.”
ADT Command customers receive ADT’s monitoring and emergency response, backed by 4,000 monitoring professionals across 10 monitoring centers, providing 24/7 protection, 365 days a year. Key features include:
- Smart Security: Know who is arriving home and when, with the 7-inch wireless, touchscreen Command panel that snaps a photo when the system is disarmed using its built-in camera. By creating dynamic scenes and rules, your smart home devices work in harmony to keep your family safe. For example, in case of a fire, the system can be connected to the thermostat, lights and doors, making it easier and safer for everyone to get outside.
- Enhanced Safety: Keep your home connected 24/7 with the panel’s battery backup with dual path Broadband and LTE cellular communications. ADT Command features two-way encryption RF sensor technology to help reduce the potential for hacking. For increased control of your home, unique user codes and permission settings can grant access to users only on the days and times you specify.
- Technologically Advanced: The app’s geofencing technology generates helpful automations and alerts to trigger events, with reminders such as arming the security system when you leave the house. With voice control technology, you can easily control your system simply with your voice.
- Control at your Fingertips, Anytime and Anywhere: Use the Control app to carry out preset automations when you leave or arrive home, allowing you to remotely arm or disarm your system. No matter where you are, you can rest easy knowing your doors are locked, your lights are on or off and your home is secured. You can even watch live video and images from your mobile phone, tablet or smartwatch, so you can stay connected to your home no matter where your travels take you.
Located at Veronese 2504 at the Sands Expo Convention Center, ADT will be showcasing several additional products and services that bring users peace of mind backed by real protection no matter where you are. Highlights include:
- ADT Go: This all-in-one mobile safety app provides a companion with you wherever you go—whether you’re in the car or in a new city. Created in partnership with trusted locator and communication tool Life360, the app offers family check-in and location geo-fencing capabilities, local crime data, driving activity alerts, crash detection and response, roadside assistance, and 24/7 SOS emergency response from ADT’s trusted live monitoring agents. Available in Apple and Android app stores, ADT offers two service options to give you peace of mind that fits your family’s needs.
- ADT Video Doorbell: The weatherproof, high-definition video doorbell provides front door security, allowing users to receive alerts, photos and videos, when the doorbell is engaged. The doorbell can also reduce false motion events by using object detection, pairing it with other motion data to determine true events and provides superior video quality and crisp wide-angle views with de-warping features.
- Voice Control Integrations: ADT’s integrations with Amazon Alexa and Google Voice Assistant provides users a hands-free solution for dynamic scenes that deliver a personalized service. Customers can utilize voice commands to arm or disarm their systems, lock and unlock doors, and manage other smart devices like lights and thermostats—making the home not just smarter, but safer.
- Interactive Crime Map: ADT’s free, interactive crime maps provide up-to-date information on crime statistics, including assault vehicle theft, robbery, and more. This tool assists future homebuyers when considering a neighborhood and helps travelers choose the best places to stay when visiting a new city. Visit adt.com/crime to explore your neighborhood.
ADT Command & Control will be available for home installation beginning in the first quarter of 2019.