PITTSBURGH, May 7, 2019 – Vector Security® Networks, a division of Vector Security, Inc., and a top 5 integrator of physical security solutions and managed services for North American retailers and multi-site businesses, announces the recipients of its 2019 Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) scholarships, which provide financial support to loss prevention professionals seeking to obtain Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) and Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) certifications.
The company began awarding the scholarships in 2009 in support of career development and continuing education for professionals in this rapidly-growing industry. Each year, loss prevention professionals, or those interested in a career in loss prevention, are invited to apply.
The 2019 recipients are:
LPQ Scholarship Recipients
- Cody Bratton, United Supermarkets
- Nina Bryson, Student
- Paul Burgess, AAFES
- Meghan Cloidt, J.Crew
- Michael Curtin, Harris Teeter
- Lahela DeVera, AAFES
- Amparito Edwards, AAFES
- Scott Levengard, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Andrew Porterfield, AAFES
- Laura Schmidt, AAFES
LPC Scholarship Recipients
- Ryan Ballard, Ulta Beauty
- Stacey Brinig-Baker, Columbia Sportswear Co.
- Amanda Cosgrove, Meijer, Inc.
- Karlyn Crotty, Meijer, Inc.
- Dave Harben, Ascena Retail Group
- Shayne Harris, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Katherine Kolean, Meijer, Inc.
- Chris Lysy, PetSmart
- Danielle Maksic, Kohl’s Department Store
- Geoffrey Masters, Big Lots Stores, Inc.
- David McCreary, Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Joseph Park, Heinens
- Steven Prinz, Bealls Inc.
LPQ Canadian Scholarship Recipients
- Boluwaji Adedayomi, Lowe’s Canada
LPC Canadian Scholarship Recipients
- Marcelo Lopez, Payless ShoeSource Canada, Inc.
“Every year, we receive a high volume of applications from deserving individuals, and this year was no exception,” said Michael T. Grady, LPC, Executive Vice President of Vector Security Networks. “While the awardees represent a variety of professional backgrounds, they each express the highest level of desire for the opportunity. In addition, they all possess a positive outlook as to how they will use this program to enhance the value they bring to their respective employers and to the profession. We are pleased to help them advance their career aspirations. Congratulations to them all!”
Vector Security has awarded 256 scholarships totaling $256,985 since the program began in 2009.