Podcast recap: Discussing digital twins, venture capital and smart cities with security industry futurist Jon Polly
The conception of the digital twin has revolutionized the security industry. From construction to smart cities and now physical security, digital twins have allowed security professionals, end users and integrators alike to work with technology that grows and evolves alongside them.
Jon Polly, ProTecht Solutions Partners’ Chief Solutions Officer, looks ahead to the future that the widespread adoption of digital twins might provide.
In this recent episode of Security DNA, host Steve Lasky of SecurityInfoWatch and Polly discuss the advent and expansion of digital twins, the cycling of digital trends like artificial intelligence and facial recognition, the impact regulatory bodies will have when passing AI-based legislature, venture capital investments and smart cities.
Polly utilizes his knowledge of past security trends to analyze the impact that regulating artificial intelligence and the expansion of digital twins will have on the industry. Learn about the origins and migration of digital twins into the physical security industry, the goals and purpose of a smart city, and how venture capital investments have morphed the security landscape.
Find this month’s episode of Security DNA here or listen below.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How the post-9/11 boom in facial recognition technology predicts the trajectory of AI.
- The path that legislative bodies are taking to regulate AI and what that means for the security industry.
- Why venture capital investments have a major influence on the way the security industry has and will continue to develop.
- The goals, operations and systems of a smart city.
- The ways in which a digital twin can make any piece of technology a “living thing” that evolves alongside its user.