SILVER SPRING, Md., Aug. 8, 2023 – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the 2023 schedule, speaker lineup and program for Securing New Ground (SNG), the security industry’s executive conference, taking place Oct. 17-18 at the InterContinental Times Square in New York City. At SNG 2023, the security industry will gather for top-level information sharing, networking and business analysis.
This year’s Securing New Ground conference will shape industry trends and offer opportunities to engage with the leaders who are driving the future of security. The 2023 program will explore the most current and cutting-edge issues, like emerging global threats and artificial intelligence (AI) in security; share chief information officer and chief information security officer perspectives on supply chain and access control; share investment insights for the security industry; and foster new connections through interactive sessions and dynamic roundtable discussions.
“SIA is proud to present the 2023 conference lineup for Securing New Ground – a jam-packed program featuring the top security luminaries, innovators and pioneers and exploring the most pressing business and security topics in our industry,” said SIA Board of Directors Chair James Rothstein. “SNG offers an unparalleled look at key trends in the business of security and the potential of this global industry, as well as the opportunity to form meaningful connections with other visionary leaders. We hope you’ll join us!”
Highlights of the 2023 SNG program include:
- A Day 1 keynote presentation from James P. O’Neill, senior vice president and head of global security at Visa, about his strategies for Visa’s global physical and personnel security
- A Day 2 keynote address from Phil Mackintosh, chief economist and senior vice president at Nasdaq, about how market conditions and financial indicators will impact the U.S. and global economies
- Executive conversations with Lucas Boselli, executive vice president and head of Americas at ASSA ABLOY; Bill Geary, executive vice president and general manager, communications at security solutions at Wesco; Bjorn Lidefelt, executive vice president and head at HID Global; George Oliver, chairman and CEO and Johnson Controls; and Pierre Racz, CEO of Genetec
- The return of the popular “View From the Top” session on major trends and challenges in global security, featuring Dave Ilardi, senior vice president and president of the Americas at Allegion; Ray Mauritsson, CEO of Axis Communications; Nicole McDargh, vice president, safety and loss prevention at Domino’s; and Jeff Stanek, managing director, access solutions at Carrier Fire & Security
- An engaging presentation on investment insights for the security industry, featuring Alper Cetingok, managing director and head of diversified industrials at Raymond James, and John Mack III, executive vice president at Imperial Capital
- A star-studded panel of corporate security leaders, including Brian Harrell, vice president at chief security officer at AVANGRID and former assistant secretary for infrastructure protection at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, who will be exploring challenges ranging from protecting critical infrastructure to protecting critical data
Additional session and conversation topics at SNG 2023 will include the following:
- The fast-moving global risk landscape and how industry executives are addressing major trends and challenges
- The meaningful impact of AI on security applications now and in the near future
- The future of the security integrator amid major industry upheavals and hiring challenges
- Predictions on the supply chain of security and other emerging pressures
- The latest industry investment insights, including perspectives on Wall Street, private equity and mergers and acquisitions
This event is free for government security leaders and just $100 for security practitioners, including security managers, chief security officers and security directors. Industry registration starts at just $995 for those who register early; learn more and register here.
SNG 2023 is supported by sponsors ACRE, Allegion, ASSA ABLOY, Axis Communications, Convergint, Hanwha Vision, Imperial Capital, i-PRO, Johnson Controls, LenelS2, Milestone, PrefTech, Raymond James, SAGE Integration, Security-Net, Wachter and Wesco; industry partner ISC Security Events; and media partners International Security Journal, Security Business, SecurityInfoWatch, Security Journal Americas, Security Sales & Integration, Security Systems News and Security Technology Executive.
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,400 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through learning and development, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision-makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.