Xandar Kardian Inc., was named Best in Show for its smart home system using radar in the ESX 2020 TechVision Challenge, a “Shark Tank” style business pitch to identify the “Best in Show” product or service. The product, which was also an ESX 2020 Innovation Award winner for the Energy Management Controls/Systems category, is an occupancy management solution that leverages radar to achieve 99.9% accurate presence detection; control lights, HVAC and electronic appliances for maximum energy savings; call for help with voice wake and gesture confirmation; get an occupant's motion, vital sign and location in real-time during and after SOS is requested; and other wellness monitoring functions.
Alula was named a runner up for its Slimline Touchpad, which was named an ESX 2020 Innovation Award winner for the Home Automation/Home Control Systems category. Learn More about this product here.
Other Finalists in the TechVision Challenge included:
- Alarm.com for its On-Site Wrap Up (Innovation Award winner for installation and service tools)
- Clare Controls, for its ClareOne Smart Security and Smart Home Panel (Innovation Award winner for control panels)
- Evolon for its Evolon Verify system (Innovation Award winner for enhanced/verified)
- Bold Group for the Bold vCISO (Innovation Award winner for cybersecurity)
- DICE Corporation for its DCSR Software Receiver (Innovation Award winner for monitoring station hardware)
- dormakaba for its BEST Switch Tech (Innovation Award winner for access control)
- RemoteLock for its EdgeState solution (Innovation Award winner for hosted access control)
- Sure-Fi for its Serial Pro Wireless Badge (Innovation Award winner for gate/door operators)
Other ESX Innovation Award winners included:
- IPtelX Alarm Signal Network — DICE Corporation (IT/Networking)
- Essence mPERS 5G — Essence (Mobile Tracking/mPERS)
- Highlights — Alarm.com (Mobile Apps for Consumers)
- Bold Event Monitoring and Accounting Integration — Bold Group (Monitoring Station Software)
- FDF2711W-IP — EIZO Inc. (Video Surveillance Monitors)
- TNB-9000 — Hanwha Techwin America (IP Cameras)
New this year was the addition of the People’s Choice Award, where the ESX community was given the opportunity to select their favorite product or service from the Innovation Award category winners. From late July through mid-August, members of the ESX community were invited to review the category winners and cast their vote for their favorite product via a secure, online ballot. Alarm.com was the winner for its On-Site Wrap Up product.
Learn more about each product and see their Shark Tank-style pitches at https://www.esxweb.com/Innovation-Awards/2020-Innovation-Awards-Winners.