The Electronic Security Expo (ESX) was held in a virtual format on June 15-17, featuring a variety of educational sessions for alarm company and security integrator attendees. If you missed any of the sessions, Premium Pass registrants have on-demand access to the educational sessions in the virtual platform through Sept. 17.
At the conclusion of the event, ESA Board of Directors member John Loud of LOUD Security announced that ESX 2022 will take place live and in person June 14-17, 2022, in Fort Worth, Texas.
A major part of the 2021 virtual event was the annual ESX Innovation Awards, a product awards program selected by an independent panel of judges, which this year included Don Childers of Security Central, Grady Medcalf of Comcast, Michele Monheim of Amherst Alarm and Rodger Reiswig of Johnson Controls.
While attendees were still voting on their favorite product as of press time, products were selected as finalists in 13 categories:
- Access Controllers – DMP X1 Series
- Hosted/Managed Access – Brivo Access
- Entry Control – AXIS Camera Station Secure Entry
- PERS – Aloe Care Health Smart Hub
- Cellular/Radio Alarm Communications – MQ03-LTE-M-FIRE-AV from M2M Services
- Installation/Service Tools – Alula Services Platform Optimization
- Alarm Control Panels – 2GIG EDGE from Nortek Control
- Alarm Notification Appliances – Integrated FogShield from Essence Group
- Alarm Monitoring – Instant Connect from Dynamark Monitoring
- Smart Home – Flex IO from Alarm.com
- IT/Networking – IQ WiFi from Johnson Controls
- Specialty Products – IQ Water Valve from Johnson Controls
- Video Analytics – Video Analytics Doorbell from Alarm.com
“We are proud to highlight next-gen products and services that create new opportunities for security professionals to offer their end users,” said ESX chairman George De Marco. “In addition, these winners offer innovative solutions for companies looking to effectively grow their revenues, improve the customer experience and maximize their profits.”