New York, January 12, 2022 - Beyond Identity, a leading provider of passwordless, phishing-resistant MFA, announced that it has received FIDO2 certification. The company’s advanced authentication platform dramatically simplifies enterprise adoption of standards-based passwordless authentication and phishing-resistant MFA. Beyond Identity extends FIDO2 with a continuous risk-based authentication capability that evaluates device security posture and incorporates additional risk signals from EDR, XDR, and MDM systems to provide a complete zero-trust authentication solution.
“We’re excited to achieve FIDO2 certification because eliminating passwords removes the largest source of ransomware attacks and fraud from account takeovers, but it is only step one on the way to complete security,” noted Jasson Casey, CTO of Beyond Identity. “Harnessing the power of FIDO in our platform enables us to make passkeys universally available, simplifying the deployment of phishing-resistant MFA for CISOs and their teams.”
The FIDO Alliance (Fast IDentity Online) developed the FIDO standards to combat the acute vulnerability posed by passwords. FIDO-based solutions are now recommended by the U.S. Government for combating the rapidly growing array of cyber attacks exploiting weak, easily phishable MFA factors, such as one-time passwords, push notifications and magic links.
“Beyond Identity’s FIDO certification speaks to its commitment to supporting the industry standards for strong authentication and our shared vision of a passwordless future. They join a growing FIDO ecosystem dedicated to increasing security and privacy while lowering user friction,” said Andrew Shikiar, executive director and CMO of the FIDO Alliance.
Beyond Identity supports and extends FIDO’s baseline security and interoperability standards with a robust platform that:
- Simplifies enterprise deployment for users and IT/Identity/Security teams:
- Single-device MFA provides a frictionless user experience, enhanced productivity, and mitigates the very low adoption challenge that plagues traditional MFA offerings
- Universal passkey architecture that supports all major browsers, devices, and application combinations
- Out-of-the-box integrations with Single Sign-On (SSO) systems and support for identity protocols (OIDC, OAuth 2.0, SAML, SCIM) enables rapid deployment
- High-availability SaaS-based platform ensures low total cost of ownership
- Enhances security for the Chief Information Security Officer and cybersecurity team:
- Unlike traditional MFA, Beyond Identity uses zero phishable factors, ensuring data and resources are protected from rapidly escalating MFA bypass attacks
- The unique Beyond Identity architecture ensures private keys are securely stored in the secure enclave and never leave the device
- Assurance that all devices accessing resources are cryptographically bound to an authorized identity, giving organizations complete visibility and control over their endpoint fleet
- Fine-grained device security posture checks prevents insecure devices from gaining access to data and resources
- Continuous enforcement of risk-based policies that evaluate endpoint security posture and use additional signals from MDM, EDR, and XDR systems ensures comprehensive zero trust authentication
About Beyond IdentityBeyond Identity is revolutionizing secure digital access for workforces, contractors, customers and developers. Our Universal Passkey Architecture provides the industry’s most secure and frictionless multi-factor authentication that prevents credential-based breaches, ensures device trust, and delivers secure and frictionless digital access, eliminating passwords entirely. Industry leaders like Snowflake, Unqork and Roblox rely on Beyond Identity to solve their access security challenges for their customers, employees, contractors and developers and to advance their journey toward Zero Trust Security. To learn more about Beyond Identity’s solutions and innovations, visit beyondidentity.com and stay connected with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.