SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has revealed the honoree list for the first-ever 25 on the RISE Awards– a program presented by SIA’s RISE community for emerging security leaders together with Brivo and the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST).
This new initiative honors 25 security leaders of today and tomorrow for their impactful contributions to advancing the security industry, and the 2023 class of awardees will be honored during a special award ceremony at Securing New Ground (SNG), taking place Oct. 17-18 in New York City.
SIA 25 on the RISE Awards nominations were open to security industry professionals who are under 40 or who have less than two years of experience in the industry. This year’s 25 on the RISE honorees, recognized across six award categories, are:
Awarded to individuals who demonstrate thought leadership surrounding new technology and reimagine traditional approaches to strategic management
- Amit Moran, chief technology officer and co-founder, Indoor Robotics
- Constantine Tremouliaris, integrated solutions specialist, ASSA ABLOY
Awarded to individuals who are committed to elevating diversity, equity and inclusion and/or corporate social responsibility by creating impactful change within the security industry
- Tatiana Abramek, senior sales executive, National Monitoring Center
- Kiara Bell, lead, information security and compliance, Arcules
- Vicky Dinger, director of human resources, Preferred Technologies, LLC
- Alexis Feller, early career and internship program manager, IDEMIA North America
- Cadisha Miceli, senior security coordinator, City of Toronto, Canada
Awarded to individuals who have made significant progress towards developing, implementing and streamlining business-related programs to create a competitive advantage and achieve success
- Alex Czoschke, learning and development manager, Arcules
- Stephanie Latimer, marketing manager, ADT Commercial
- Brianna Ramos, director of integrated marketing and communications, Compass
- Matthew Scharnett, customer success manager, Northland Controls
- Jill Woltkamp, partner marketing manager, Genetec
Awarded to individuals who excel in content creation and authentic personal branding to build a unique value proposition and gain influence for themselves and/or their companies
- Robert Brent, senior director of customer success, Netwatch North America
- Lauren King, development rotational professional, human resources, dormakaba Americas
- Sara Schonfeld, vice president of marketing, HiveWatch
- KeShia Thomas, brand and solutions manager, Allegion
Awarded to individuals actively and physically in the field who are going above and beyond to provide customer service/installation in the security industry
- Ruben Cuevas, lead technician, Preferred Technologies, LLC
- Myke Thompson, senior executive cloud midmarket sales manager, Arcules
Awarded to individuals in management who possess outstanding leadership qualities and set an example for others to follow
- Candice Aragon, vice president of marketing and education, PSA Network
- Beth Burnsed, senior manager, communication and marketing programs, Genetec
- Ryan Leithead, senior sales manager, solutions and service, Siemens
- Lindsay Martin-Nez, CEO, BadgePass
- Steven McCory, director of operations and project management, Grid Squared Systems
- Angela Osborne, associate vice president, risk and emergency management solutions, Guidepost Solutions
- Tiffany Renz, director of sales, HID
“The entire SIA community is inspired by the individuals selected as the inaugural 25 on the RISE class of 2023. It is truly a special moment to be joined by Brivo and the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent in celebrating these accomplished and emerging leaders for their outstanding contributions to our industry,” said SIA CEO Don Erickson. “These honorees are propelling diversity, impact and innovation, fostering growth and delivering excellent customer service within their organizations, in their communities and throughout the security industry, and we look forward to recognizing them at SNG 2023.”
SIA is proud to partner with FAST on this new awards program. FAST is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created by ESA and SIA that works to connect talented, motivated individuals with career opportunities in the field of physical security technology and life safety. SIA also greatly appreciates Brivo for their generous support of this program and appreciates the company’s long-standing commitment to young professionals’ growth. Brivo Co-Founder, President and CEO Steve Van Till, a former SIA Lippert Award winner and past chair of the SIA Standards Committee, will present this year’s 25 on the RISE Awards at SNG 2023.
SNG, hosted by SIA, is the security industry’s executive conference, with the 2023 event taking place Oct. 17-18 at the InterContinental Times Square in New York City. Each year at SNG, the security industry gathers for top-level information sharing, networking and business analysis.
The 2023 conference program will explore cutting-edge issues, like emerging global threats and artificial intelligence in security; share chief information officer and chief information security officer perspectives on supply chain and access control; share investment insights for the security industry; and foster new connections through interactive sessions and dynamic roundtable discussions. Learn more and register to attend here.
SIA RISE is a community that fosters the careers of young professionals in the security industry. In addition to the 25 on the RISE program, SIA RISE’s offerings include an annual scholarship to further young talent’s education and career goals, fun in-person and virtual networking events for young professionals, the Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education (TIME) program for early and mid-career professionals, career growth webinars and trade show education tracks and the annual AcceleRISE conference – an essential experienced designed to ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership and sharpen business acumen in young security talent.
The SIA RISE community is open to all employees at SIA member companies who are young professionals under 40 or have been in the security industry for less than two years; learn more and sign up to join.